I still have more of Farmer Kim’s Jerusalem artichokes, so it is time for another creation. I roasted them with two of my favorite winter veggies – cauliflower and brussels sprouts, then bound them together with eggs and cheddar in a scrambled omelet – yum!
Roasted Vegetable Scrambled Omelet
(note: the pieces of all three vegetables below should be about the same size after being prepped)
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
1 pint Brussels sprouts, cut in half
1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, cut in 1″ chunks (from Farmer Kim)
2 to 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
salt (I used black sea salt)
10 medium or 8 large eggs (from Farmer Kim)
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Put all the prepped vegetables in a large bowl.
Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper to taste, mix well until the vegetables are coated with the oil, salt and pepper. Place the vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet (you will probably need 2).
Cook for about 45 minutes, until well browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Mix in the shredded cheese.
In a large skillet, preferably cast iron, cook the eggs over medium heat until they just start to set on the bottom. Add the vegetables and mix all together until the eggs are finished cooking.
Serve immediately. We like ours with a touch of hot sauce, in this case it was sriracha. Enjoy!
- Food Challenge – Jerusalem Artichokes, Broccoli & Roasted Tomato Linguine (andreasgardencooking.com)
- Food Challenge – Jerusalem Artichokes Pan-Roasted with Winter Squash (andreasgardencooking.com)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts with Garlic and Rosemary (busyvegetarianmom.com)
- roasted cauliflower and brussels sprouts with kalamata olives and mandarin oranges (thebearandtheblackberry.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts (mamainthekitchen.com)
- Jerusalem Artichoke: Jerusalem Artichoke Chips w/ Rosemary Salt (yourfoodchoices.com)
3 Comments Add yours