After a long 7 hour driving day, we finally reached Richland, WA and Fiction at the J. Bookwalter Winery. It was so nice to sit out on the patio relaxing in the 95F heat with a glass of chenin blanc.
Dinner featured the happy hour menu and a flavorful flatbread for me with a spicy pesto, balsamic reduction and Gorgonzola. Cam decided to try the scallops in his scallops pico de gallo – sans the beans, which Ali and I then thoroughly enjoyed. And, of course, we brought home a bottle of the chenin blanc.
The following day we finally crossed the Columbia River into Oregon! Mt. Hood was there to welcome us to our new state.I wasn’t quite ready for our adventure to end, so it was off to one last winery, Analemma., an organic winery in Mosier.
After the tasting, we decided to bring home 2 bottles of their gerwurtzraminer.When we finally arrived at our condo, I unpacked my beverage haul from our journey:
- Triple XXX root beer from Indiana
- 2 bottles of wine and sparkling grape juice from Wollersheim Winery in Wisconsin
- Strawberry Loon Juice hard cider and Spring Grove Cider and Sour Lemon pop fro Minnesota
- Wine from Naked Winery and Prairie Berry Winery in South Dakota
- Cherry Bourbon from Montana
- And the wines we just bought in Washington and Oregon.
The food haul (that did not get eaten along the way) included:
- Dandelion jam and blueberry patch honey from West Virginia
- B.Happy peanut butter with dark chocolate, almonds and coconut from Indiana
- Wild chokeberry preserves and Dilly Beans from Wisconsin
- Wildflower honey from South Dakota
- Huckleberry Jam and honey from Montana
- And coming along for the ride from Delaware were habanero salsa, rummed pinapples, honey, and apple butter from Fifer Orchards (not pictured)
I can’t wait to dive into it all!