I have to admit that I love my husband’s turkey meatloaf (ok, he was making it with beef before I came along, but now it is turkey). It is simple and delicious. ONe of the favorites of all our girls.
So I thought, what if I made his meatloaf, but cooked it in my crock pot? Why would I want to do that? Well, Cammy has gymnastics when I would normally make dinner, so I could make the meatloaf earlier in the day, stick it in the crock pot, make a vegetable that could be cooked ahead and reheated and dinner would be waiting for us when we got home! And to my delight, my husband was home and made rice to add to our dinner – how nice!
Even Cam, who rarely eats meat and announced before dinner that he does not like meatloaf, proceeded to not just take the obligatory “no thank you” bite, but devoured his entire plateful.
Ali’s Turkey Meatloaf in the Slow Cooker
1 1/4 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup ketchup
1 package onion soup mix (or onion-mushroom soup mix if you can find it)
1 egg (from Farmer Kim)
Place all ingredients in a bowl.
Mix together thoroughly, using your hands, and place it in a glass loaf pan.
Place the loaf pan in a 6-quart crock pot.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Remove loaf pan from crock pot.
Slice and enjoy!
Serves 4 or 5
- Turkey Meatloaf, Veggie Loaded (beautifullynutty.com)
- Recipe for Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean Stew with Tomatoes, Italian Sausage, and Kale (kalynskitchen.com)
- What’s for Dinner: Slow Cooker Chicken (or Turkey) Tacos (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Herbed and Veggied Turkey Meatloaf (bitsandbreadcrumbs.com)
- Slow-Cooker Recipes: Healthy Eating Made Easy (everydayhealth.com)