I’m very excited to receive this honor. I want to thank Tyler at ./KitchenLab! for the nomination! Tyler has a really neat blog about fermenting and other forms of food preservation. I will definitely be spending more time on his blog as my courage to try fermenting grows! And his photos are beautiful!
The Leibster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers so here are some rules:
- Thank the nominating blogger
- Nominate blogs that are new and/or have small followings. (I have no idea how to tell if they have a small following so I will nominate blogs I like)
- Answer questions from the nominating blogger
- Tell your readers random facts about yourself
- Give your nominees questions to answer
And here they are–my nominations:
- Lee and Jane @ The Beach House Kitchen. I really enjoy their refreshing take and interesting healthy vegan dishes. They are inspired and inspiring.
- Barbara and Jack @ Cutter Light. I love this blog, following Barbara and Jack on their adventures and recipes. I will not tell you more because you need to go check them out, it’s a treat!
- Eddie @ Eddie Two Hawks. An inspiring blog filled with beautiful photos and spiritual quotations. I look forward to Eddie’s posts more than any other. The quotes make me think, the pictures make me smile.
There are many other great blogs I follow, I apologize if I failed to recognize all of them. I appreciate the work everyone puts into their blogs and the inspiration they bring me.
Random Facts about me:
- I am a Jewish girl form Long Island who studied agriculture at an ivy leagues university
- When I was a child I loved the movie “Yours, Mine and Ours” and now I have a yours, mine and ours family!
- I love working in my garden, but have skin allergies whenever I come in contact with the plants
- I love learning languages, learning to read them is easy, listening and speaking is much more difficult
- I love chocolate milk after a long run
My Answers to Tyler’s Questions:
- What was your biggest recipe fiasco?
- Eggplant meatballs – it was probably 15 years ago, but my daughters still won’t let me live it down. They were awful.
- What is your favorite holiday?
- It is a toss-up between Hanukah and Halloween, I love them both! I love decorating my house and my kids for halloween and I love the meaning and traditions behind Hanukah. The beauty and simplicity of the candles is very special.
- Is your favorite recipe your own, something passed down in your family, or someone else’s?
- It is my Uncle Jack’s Mandel Bread. I so looked forward to when he would visit and bring it with him when I was a kid. Now, it is a regularly requested gift by my friends and family.
- What is your favorite dessert?
- I am not a big dessert person, but I have been known to really enjoy swirling Nutella into some good ice cream.
- If you could uproot yourself with no obstacles where would you go?
- Iceland or Slovenia
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- What do you consider to be your best recipe?
- If you could only have 5 spices, what would they be?
- What traditions have you created in your life?
- Why do you blog? (We are all glad you do@)
Thanks again to Tyler for nominating my blog. As for my nominations: I can’t wait to read your answers!