Cammy’s latest creation won high approval from the rest of the family – light and airy popovers! As we always do, we reviewed the recipe in Mollie Katzen’s Pretend Soup ahead of time; he is getting good at this, he was able to “read” many of the instruction pictures to tell me what he was going to need to do. His confidence is building and he really has been enjoying his cooking adventures.
The day before, I made Daphne Oz’s Strawberry Honey Butter to serve with it. The recipe for that is below.
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 eggs (from Farmer Kim)
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
Strawberry honey butter or other condiment such as preserves, honey, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. “Paint” the muffin tins with the melted butter
3. Break the eggs into a medium-sized bowl, add the milk. Whisk til combined.
4. Add flour
5. Whisk til combined and smooth.
6. Fill the muffin tins about 1/2 full.
7. Bake 30 minutes. Do not open the oven until time is up.
8. Pierce with a fork, top with your preferred topping and enjoy!
Strawberry Honey Butter
24 strawberries, hulled
1 stick of butter, softened
1 Tbsp honey
Puree the strawberries in a blender. Place in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Mix together the puree, butter and honey. You can either mis it to leave it a rough mixture (as I did) or use an electric mixer for a smooth butter.
Form into a log on parchment paper, roll up and store in the refrigerator.